Building upon the DA Best Practice Guide, the DP&E have commissioned me to produce a written Guide and a Seminar Kit for non-professional applicants.
The purpose of the Guide is to provide advice on the DA process for small-scale residential development. The Seminar Kit is based on the successful Inner West Councils two-hour DA seminar.
The primary target audiences are:
- land and property owners extending or rebuilding their principal place of residence
- owner developers
- small scale non-professional developers
In addition, the Guide is targeted at:
• Building designers
• Project ‘granny flat’ specialists/sales consultants: packages from industry – ‘we’ll do it for you’
• Sales consultants (giving pre-purchase advice)
Types of development covered: the Guide covers domestic-scale residential development and construction, from alterations and additions to dual occupancy. More specifically, it covers:
• Alterations and additions to an existing dwelling
• Construction of new dwelling houses, including project homes that are not ‘complying development’
• Secondary dwellings (granny-flats)
• Dual occupancy